cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - No incoming calls

JJ16
Joining in

A common problem by the looks of things and as a day old VM user, I have this issue.

Modern DECT phone Ren 1, connected to HUB 5 via an adaptor. Outgoing calls possible, but not able to receive incoming calls. All connections checked, HUB rebooted and a call into the Helpline and it's still not working!

Helpline said I needed to get a VOIP phone, but I'm not sure this is the way to go. I don't want to buy another handset (have tried 2 modern cordless phones already) and find this is not the fix. Help please?

9 REPLIES 9

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JJ16, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Can I ask what happens when you or other people try to call your landline please? 

Also, if you're a new customer, can I ask if you've ported your number over to us from another provider? 

Thanks!

Megan_L

Hi Megan

The caller does get a ringing tone, but nothing happens on the handset. My number has been ported from my previous supplier 

Thanks JJ16, 

It could be an issue with the porting process, could I ask how long ago you were fully installed please?

I also have a helpful link here which has information specifically on not being able to call into your landline 👉 Landline Fault Fixes

Could you please take a look and let me know if anything rectifies the issue please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan

TV, BB and Home phone was installed this morning. 8 hours ago

Thanks JJ16, 

Your landline may still be getting set up on our side in that case, but please let us know whether any of the information in the link helps to resolve the issue. 

I'll still be here to help if not 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan

Thanks for the link, but nothing there I’ve tried resolves the issue

No worries, thanks for sticking with me there JJ16! 

I'll get a private message sent over to you now so we can take a closer look into this!

Speak to you soon. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

JJ16
Joining in

Thanks Megan

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JJ16, I am glad to see that things have now been resolved and let us know if you require any further assistance? - Chris.