cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - No Service

Daniel53
Joining in

Landline stopped working so guessed it was cut off as virgin going over to hub landline.

Had no adapter so rang up and ordered - never arrived. Found engineer in street-blagged one.

Plugged landline into hub - nothing. Gave up on virgin chat as it would be quicker to walk to call center.

Anyone any ideas please, before I grill the phone and the hub for a tasty afternoon snack.

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Daniel53 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Landline service. When you have your handset plugged in to the back of the Hub, in "TEL 1", do you hear any dial tone? What happens when trying to call a number?

Have you received any notification of your migration within the last 3 months? Have you tried the wall socket again, to double-check that it wasn't an area fault at the time?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for reply, no sound at all from phone plugged into hub.

Old landline not worked for two weeks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, Daniel53.

If there's no sound from the back of the Hub, then this indicates the line isn't active. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can look into this for you. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or the "Messages" tab when tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Daniel53 👋

Thanks for your quick replies to my private messages. I'm glad we were able to identify a network fault as the cause of the problem get the issue resolved, and that 

Reece - Forum Team