cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline - No Dial Tone after Switchover from Sky

neutralnik
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently switched over from Sky to Virgin. The package I have includes landline services. However, even after a month since my services with Sky finished, my landline phone still isn't working.

It is plugged into the Hub 3 as the start-up guides advises, but there is still no dial tone.

How do I know that the switchover has been successful or is there an issue? Seems harder to contact VM on matters relating to the landline than with the Broadband and TV services.

Any advice would be gratefully received, given I am currently paying for a service which I can use.

Best regards,

neutralnik

6 REPLIES 6

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi neautralnik, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your landline service. We will do all we can to help get this resolved for you. 

I have ran some checks from our side and can confirm there are no known outages in your area and the line has been provisioned correctly. 

With this being the case, can you please confirm that the handset is connected via the adapter and that all cables are secure/without damage or kinks?

Are you also able to try another handset on the line to rule out an equipment issue?

Thanks, 

Nat

I didn’t need the adaptor as I already had the squarer plug socket on my phone base. I just used the white cable you supplied which plugged into the base of my phone and then that fit into the back of the ‘1’ port on the base of the hub.

Hi @neutralnik thanks for getting back to us.

I would like to help you resolve the issue with your telephone service. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi,

So I’ve bought new phones and can now make outgoing and receive incoming calls, but it’s a different phone number to the one I requested to move across. What is the best way to proceed?

Best regards,

Nicholas Stephen

Hi there @neutralnik 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that the number has not yet been carried across, I'd be more than happy to take a look into this with you via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello again @neutralnik 

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM and I have submitted a port request for the number now, please do let us know how things are looking after the date of the port?