cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Line Cord Error

Dewzo
Joining in

Hi,

Virgin package was installed on 24th Sept, this included transfering landline number over from Sky to Virgin. Number didn't transfer over until somepoint in October as far as i know.

The landline phone was working fine on the bt line before switching however when plugged into the hub there is no dial tone, can't phone out or receive calls. Screen displays 'Line Cord Error'.

Have tried another landline phone and the same issue. Virgin Media shows no landline issues so any idea as to why it does not work?

Virgin Media Twitter told me to pin reset the hub but made no difference. No idea if this issue has been here since install as its not been useable since waiting on the number transfering over.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dewzo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some landline issues at the moment. I've checked over things on our systems, and I'm unable to detect any known faults at the moment that would explain this. Are you having any issues with the broadband service too, or just landline?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Not having any known issues with the broadband

Hi @Dewzo,

Thank you checking. Have you also ensured that the landline is connected to the router using the adapter that we've provided?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes

Hi @Dewzo,

Thank you. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look into things for you. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Ok, i have replied

My daughter has tried my phone at her house which is also Virgin and works perfectly fine although she does havw a different Virgin hub.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dewzo,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we we could have a closer look at things. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage/reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team