Menu
lufswi
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline Issues

Need some help from the experts please. Long story but short version is that following some work done on the house, the builders removed the wall box that the landline cable plugged into. I thought no problem, I'll just plug the landline cable directly into the router/hub 3.0. Different sized plug so bought an adapter which the landline cable plugged into and the adapter plugged into the router/hub. Still not working so checked the hub settings and noticed that it says "Telephony disabled". Added info in case it is relevant is that the router/hub is in modem mode as I use a mesh system to boost the wifi. I've now reached the end of my technical capabilities and wonder if there is something else I should be doing or do I need to brave the virginmedia call centre? Many thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Issues

Hi lufswi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Landline services. 

It sounds as though the issue has occurred due to the removal of the omni-box. We can certainly look to get an engineer out to investigate and resolve this but there would be a £99 fee. 

Would you like me to proceed with private messaging you so we can get this arranged?

^Martin

0 Kudos
lufswi
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response Martin. Much appreciated. As the £99 fee is a bit steep, just wanted to double check that there is not a simple way that the landline phone cable can just plug directly into the router?
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lufswi, I understand that in certain circumstances it may be possible to transfer your phone service over to VOIP so you can plug the phone directly into the hub - unfortunately not all areas/accounts are set up for that so we can't guarantee it but would be happy to take a look.

Please get back to me via PM and we'll take it from there. 

Tom

0 Kudos
lufswi
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Tom. Will PM you with the details as soon as I get back home
0 Kudos