Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Fraud

Just been called on my landline from 01977 510219 saying a credit card charge of £600 has been made on my account, press 1 if I have, 2 if I haven't. I pressed 2 then line went to a tone. Anyone know what this means?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Fraud

Morning,

I would contact your credit card company to be on the safe side.

Kind regards

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

You can also save £50 off your bill by recommending someone onto virgin media. To find out more PM me.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They didn't tell me the name - I should have realised it was a scam. Is this one of those scams that allows them access to my landline in some way? Can't get through to Virgin to 'block' my landline.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@ultraplex wrote:
They didn't tell me the name - I should have realised it was a scam. Is this one of those scams that allows them access to my landline in some way? Can't get through to Virgin to 'block' my landline.

Be wary of any message that asks you to press numbers on the keypad, at this can lead to the call being diverted to a premium rate number, & hence huge telephone bill.

With a call like this I would hang up & contact your credit card company, preferably on a different phone. I say this as scams are getting really sophisticated now & callers can stay on the line & manipulate what you are hearing to make you think you have a dial tone when actually you are still connected to the scammer.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos