cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Fault

Ropa
Joining in

I have had a fault on my landline (broken dial tone) for a couple of days now, and just can't get through to a human being to arrange for an engineer to fix it! I have been through many cycles of the so called 'Help' service 0345 4541111 followed all instructions, but it just continues to go round and round in circles resulting in anxiety and frustration because it just doesn't help you, and just takes you back to the start! I have disconnected all my own domestic wireless handsets and plugged in an old POTS handset, rebooted my hub (but not sure why that would help when the phone is not connected via the hub), I went on the Chat in the MV app, but waited so long I finally gave up. The fault is within the green street cabinet (it always is) so I need an engineer!

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ropa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your landline service recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently that would explain this.

I'm going to send you a private message in a moment so that we can take a closer look over things. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ropa,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. I'm very glad that the issues you were experiencing have now been resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ropa
Joining in

UPDATE: The phone was down for 3 days, @Josh-R responded and started to communicate with me over the private chat, that took some time too, but the problem did mysteriously disappear with no communicated resolution. Thanks to @Josh who at least responded and maybe he managed to get someone to do something at the exchange. That said, I maintain my stance that is was an awful, frustrating and very anxious episode in my life to get a result (as we needed the landline for a very ill friend as she doesn't have a mobile). Not being able to speak to a human being is bad enough, but the digital help service needs a great deal of overhaul itself, it just sends you round in circles, some options as to what the fault is are lacking and therefore the resulting help is not there. It needs to be fully user acceptance tested before it is allowed to be used. I worked in IT for many years managing Data and Voice systems for large organisations and if I had given this type of customer service the organisation would have been slated and I would have lost my job! 

Hi @Ropa,

Thanks for expanding on your experience here. I appreciate that it wasn't a great experience for you, and I apologise for that. We'll be sure to take this feedback on board.

Regarding my responses during private message I'm afraid that this isn't an immediate response contact channel, but we'd always respond to assist where we can as soon as we can.

If you were to experience any faults in the future, or indeed have any concerns you'd like for us to address and help you with, please do reach out at your earliest convenience. Giving the team a call on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) would be the best first point of call if possible, but all of our other contact details can be found here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team