cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Down (still)

Graeme-F
Joining in

Good morning, I'm hoping for some assistance if possible. I have a ticket No P02194990 open for over a week with no response for a problem with my landline. No dial tone and if you try to call my home No it says "number you have dialled has not been recognised" . If you can shed any light or provide an update then that would be great. Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Graeme-F,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

I can see that there may be a disconnection scheduled on your service at the moment, could you confirm if this is correct please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Graeme-F
Joining in

Hi Meagn, thanks for the reply. I have been trying for quite some time now to cancel my account. I originally called to try and reduce my direct debit but ended up deciding to cancel my account and getting cut off  (suspect customer services rep hung up on me ) when it came down to finally processing my cancellation. I then followed that up a few days later by trying to cancel using the web chat service. After waiting on-line in a queue for 2 hours the chat service timed out and i had to start again. I stayed on-line queued for a further 1 hour before giving up. I finally resorted to sending my cancellation by post. The cancellation letter was delivered and signed for on 10/10/2023 and my landline  appears to have gone down shorty after that date. I have also had not one single piece of ackknowledgement or correspondence from Virgin Media since the letter was delivered 2 weeks ago. I would still expect my landline to be operational though. Can you please clarify what is happening to my account . Many thanks.  Regards   Graeme.

Hi @Graeme-F 

I'll send a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Graeme-F
Joining in

Many thanks for your assistance  John. Landline  working now. Wish I'd used the forum for help in the first place. Would have saved a long frustrating phone call which didn't seem to get me anywhere.

Regards  Graeme

Hi @Graeme-F 

Thanks for joining me on PM and letting me resolve this for you 🙂

Please do pop back if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill