cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Dead

adhiren
Dialled in

Hi., my landline is currently not working. It is connected to a white virgin media socket directly in the wall. I've tried a different phone in that socket as well and does not work either. The digital display just says 'check phone line'. My switchover date to the fibre system is not till July. 

6 REPLIES 6

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @adhiren 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your landline service, I can certainly understand this is frustrating 😔

Have you been able to check our service page here to see if this is due to any known area issues? If nothing shows as a known issue, it would be best to check our landline help page here for further help.

If this still doesn't work after completing these checks, please let us know. We will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Sadly I had previously checked those pages before and again just now and nothing helps. It's been this way for about 5 days now

If you login to your HUB what does the 'Telephony' section state?

Hi @adhiren 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I can see that you have attempted to fix this with no resolve, you have stated that your switchover is not until July. Have you tried setting up the phone recently whilst running through the diagnostics? If not could you please try, I know the switchover is not until July but once we have done this then we have exhausted every avenue and would need to go the next stage. 

Please let us know if you have been successful and if the phone line with the new set up into your Hub is working or not.

Thanks.

Sabrina

I actually just called and an engineer has been booked to come on Saturday

Hi @adhiren 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch, that's fabulous news. Keep us updated with the outcome of the visit.

Sabrina