Menu
Shekkyal
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline Dead

My home phone has been working fine.  This morning I made a few calls with no problems.  Around lunchtime today my landline phone stopped working.  There is no dialtone and if I try calling my number it says busy.  I have swapped over to my old phone but it still has no dialtone.  Does anyone have any ideas.  

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline Dead

Hi there @Shekkyal

Welcome back to our Community; sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your landline earlier this week. How's things looking since your post? Usually when you've used the line earlier and now have this issue, the line is still connected somewhere even if you can't hear it. 

Normally, unplugging the handset from the main master socket for around 15 minutes will break the cycle. 

I have located your account from your forum account - all seems to be looking ok at the time of checking and we have no known area issues listed either. 

If you have left the landline empty and unplugged for 15 mins and still having the same issue, let us know as this will most likely require a technician visit. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Shekkyal
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is happening again and really is becoming very frustrating.  I have tried two different handsets.  When I try dialing the home number it comes up line busy.  There is no tone on the line.  I have unplugged the phone completely from the power and removed it from the master socket for 30 minutes.  Still nothing. I have tried calling 150 and your support but this just takes you through a continuous loop of nothing.  How irritating.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shekkyal,

I'm sorry to hear the issue returned, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Can you please confirm if you are still suffering from the issue? If so, I will gladly arrange for an engineer to visit and fix this issue for you.

Let me know 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos