Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline Dead

No dial tone for 24 hours. Online fault detector either finding no fault, giving "oops" errors that the facility is broken, or on three occasions accepting there is a fault. Have been notified three times it's fixed - but still no dial tone, and no way of escalating online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline Dead

Hi Jon_G1

I've had no phone service from sometime last night, (Aug 9th) until 15:20 today, (Aug 10th). I rang the help number and I've been "on hold" on my mobile for 18 minutes listening to absolutely crap music and now I'm being told, by the gentleman who eventually picked-up, that he is conducting tests. After 5 minutes or so I am being transferred to another department and more music is assaulting my eardrums! Eventually I was told that the fault wasn't with my equipment but that it was an area problem and that it should be resolved within 4 to 6 hours. He also gave me a freephone number, which he claimed was a London number, to ring if there was no resolution of the problem by then. That number was 0800 5610061.

I did mention to him that the "My Vigin Media" page was asserting that there were no issues, with the phone service, in my area. He said that was wrong.

Now we wait and see what happens......................

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4eddie

Thanks for the info and phone no. Mobile coverage is poor where I live or I too could have shared your enjoyment of crap hold music.

While the VirginMedia page says there is nothing wrong with my line, friends calling get the message that the number is out of service. Their call provider knows it's dead, ours isn't aware that one of its own appendages has dropped off.

There needs to be a more robust method of reporting faults and requesting help online - the website generating errors isn't a solution.

Good luck with your fix!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to report Jon_G1, I checked the phone at 20:00 and sure enough it was working. When it actually came on line I don't know.

Hope you get yours sorted soon,

Eddie

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone working again from 18:35 on August 10th.

This time no service update email from Virgin to add to the previous five claiming they'd fixed the line.

28 hours without a phone isn't great, but closing faults without actually fixing the issue is poor.

G4eddie - thanks again for that phone number. The automated answer knew there was an issue in my area when the website didn't, and that I had raised a fault after Virgin had sent an email saying it was resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead again from 13:00 11/08/2020.

Online Virgin Media are aware of it this time, fix promised by 18:35 this evening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone was fixed and available as promised from 18:35 on 11/08/20 - and lasted until 15:10 the next day, when it failed during a received phone call.

Website says Virgin are aware, and the line will be fixed again by 22:50 on 12/08/20.

On the plus side - I did get a letter from Virgin Media today telling me they're not putting prices up in 2020. Those annual price increases are always fun - just when you think you've negotiated a price for the next 18 months, surprise - mid contract price hike!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Brighton BN2 area - no landline for over a week. All the tests have been checked. Tried online - nothing. Is this because now its Talk Talk for landline phones?

Am now calling help number 0345 4541111 and listening to music.... will this get fixed ever or shall we just cancel our landline! Are there any human's working at Virgin Media???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrews13 - no landline for over a week? Crazy bad service!

The freephone number G4eddie gave above was useful. It's automated but recognised my outstanding fault when the online site didn't  because someone had cleared it without actually fixing the problem.

The choice seems to be between a website that ony partially functions and hides options sometimes, an automated phone line that has different info, or a distant call centre hidden behind extended performances of hold music.

Freephone number is 0800 5610061.

Good luck!

0 Kudos