cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Cut Off And Phone Part of Package Has Been Cancelled Ahead of Switchover

AfxTwn
On our wavelength

Sorry for the long subject title but I wasn't sure what to title it. I received a text back in July informing me of the switchover and that my landline would stop working. There was no mention of needing an adapter and I haven't received anything in the post or any letters informing me about the change, just the text message.

The landline was cut off (although I am not sure why as a neighbour who is also on VM, says theirs is still working and they are just a few doors down), and I am now without a landline. I haven't received any adapters or information. I was only aware of the need for an adapter after speaking to a friend who is on VM and they explained what was happening to me.

I have phoned VM a few times now trying to get my landline working again or an adapter to plug into my hub and it appears that for some reason, the phone part of my package has been cancelled and now whoever I talk to keeps trying to get me on to a new package/contract and add the phone to it but charge me much more money, around £85. I had recently re-negotiated my contract with VM for less than that and my landline was included as part of the package.

Why has my landline been cut off early, why has the home phone part of my package been cancelled and why are VM now expecting me to add the phone service to my package at an increased cost? Every time I try to speak to someone at VM I can barely understand a word they are saying and all they do is try to get me onto a new contract.

I shouldn't have to have a new contract in the first place as it is your mistake that the phone service has been dropped from my existing package and I certainly shouldn't be having to pay any more money than what I already agreed to. You can apparently very quickly cut the phone service off but can't re-instate just as fast and this requires a new and more expensive contract being entered into.

As I am at my wits end I am seriously considering cancelling everything from Virgin Media and informed the people I have spoken to on the phone only to be told I would have to pay an early cancellation fee. Apparently it's perfectly ok for you to break contract and change things without informing the customer but not for the customer to cancel with a legitimate reason.

Plus the free 150 number doesn't work so I am forced to call 0345 454 1111 from my mobile which I am not sure is free and if not how much I am being charged, seeing as I have spent an hour and a half on the phone at times, this could prove very expensive.

Please can someone get in touch with me to resolve this issue.

11 REPLIES 11

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AfxTwn 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and I am so sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with the landline

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AfxTwn
On our wavelength

Just to let you and everyone else here know that yet again Virgin Media has managed to make another mistake by sending an engineer to the wrong address. After having discussions with Travis_M in private messages and confirming all of my details, I was told an engineer would come to my house today. Well the engineer was sent to the wrong address and so I have to re-arrange the appointment. I have passed the details onto you Travis-M via private message.

The level of incompetence with Virgin Media is just ridiculous.

UPDATE: Finally managed to get through to someone on the phone and it turns out that yet again I have been lied to and the landline hadn't been added to my package. The person (who I could barely understand) was yet again trying the tactic of negotiating my package and charging me more money for something I should already have and that I had previously agreed to as well as trying to charge me an installation fee. I told them to forget it and put the phone down.

Needless to say, enough is enough and I will be cancelling my entire package with Virgin. Today this has wiped me out and made me very upset, so when I feel a bit better I will be cancelling the whole lot and switching to someone else. Virgin Media are not the company they used to be, don't care about customers (especially long-term customers) and continually lie and make mistakes. AVOID at all costs!