cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Call Divert stopped after switchover

Neil8033
Joining in

Hello

Before the switchover on the landlines to the hub i had a call divert setup to send all my calls to another number.

This stopped after switching over to the new hub connection, the phone works fine can call and recieve so called virgin media.

They have setup the availability of call divert for me and when i call *21* i get to enter the phone number and once i realised i needed to include the country code too it goes through fine.

But when i now call the number from an alternate number it just hangs up instantly with two beeps.

Ive tried entering 44 8081 ?????? and 44 08081 ??????, accepts both but still neither work at redirecting and the number doesnt accept any calls regardless of the redirect.

Guess i can turn the redirect off again with the handset somewhere but wondered if anyone knew what might be going on wrong here so that it doesnt redirect.

Many thanks

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you got the free voicemail on the line from the hub? I don't think that can work with call divert at the same time.

✱#21# should "Check if Call Divert is on"

What does that report?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you got the free voicemail on the line from the hub? I don't think that can work with call divert at the same time.

✱#21# should "Check if Call Divert is on"

What does that report?

Hi Goslow thanks for speedy help, tried the number you gave and it does read out the divert number saying it is active.

Try calling it from my mobile and i just get the two beeps again.

actually its 3 beeps if that helps

Neil8033
Joining in

Called again and also made sure the voicemail was not on there.

Still doesnt redirect to any of the numbers ive tried, always just the 3 beeps hangup.

Soon as i turn off the redirect the number can receive calls fine.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Neil8033, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your landline since the switchover. What I am going to do is send you over a private message just to check all the settings etc. Keep an eye out for it and I will take it from there 🙂 

Cheers,

Ryan. 

Neil8033
Joining in

Update

Is there any way of booking an engineer to look at it?.

Not had any calls all week as the divert doesnt send them to my answering service.

All i can do is either turn off call divert so the calls come to the landline.

Soon as i turn on call divert to any number it then doesnt work, tried my mobile aswell as the 0808 number i have the calls diverted to normally.

This all worked fine until the switchover to phone connected to hub.

Ive looked at booking an engineer but cant seem to do it as the landline is working, they only have choices for certain things like constant ringing etc.

pogit1
Up to speed

Did you ever get this solved I’m having the same issue when diverting to 07 or 447 numbers