cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Adaptor

Scorpiogirl1
Joining in

About 1.5 years ago, I was sent an adaptor for the landline and the leaflet said I’d be contacted when I needed to do something with it. I never heard any more. I have tried plugging it in the hub but it doesn’t work. Is this because whatever it is hasn’t been switched on yet, or is it faulty, or have they just not bothered to tell us anything more?

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scorpiogirl1 👋 thank you for returning to community with another update. You can find your original thread regarding this issue here: Re: Landline Phone - Page 3 - Virgin Media Community - 5393301

It looks like we tried to book in an appointment for you to get your landline sorted following your concerns about the switchover process, where you received an adapter for the landline to operate via the hub. You changed your mind about the appointment and requested it was cancelled - would you like us to re-arrange this for you?

If you have an adapter and have the service set up, your landline handset should work via the hub when connected through the adapter. 
If you are having issues we will need for an appointment to go ahead so we can ensure you are correctly set up at home on the Voice over IP (Landline via the hub) service. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can arrange this for you - just let me know that's how you would like to proceed! 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Thank you but someone has already set up an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. It turns out that I should have received a letter before the switchover in November - but I never got this. Hence, I didn’t know about it and I’ve been without a landline for a year. I cancelled the original appointment because it said I’d be charged £25 if it was a fault with my handset and I couldn’t be sure about this - but now I know that Virgin just never told me about the switchover date and I’ve had no service, I don’t expect to be charged £25 whatever.