cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line

Mikejones3
Joining in

So I was told I can connect my land line direct to my router but the telephone connection doesn’t fit. So I have purchased an adapter. The telephone isn’t working. Any suggestions.. without me phoning for 2 hours to customer services???? 

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been advised you can connect your phone to our Router and when purchasing the connector it hasn't worked.

This will only work if your phone line has been converted to phone Via the Router, doe the phone work when put back in the wall socket?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul.

Well we have the latest router and the technician on the phone said I can now connect my phone to it. How would I go about converting my phone via the router then? 

mike

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mikejones3, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We have had a check from our side and it doesn't look like you're quite ready for the home switchover but not to worry as we will contact you directly when this changes with further information. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Yes it does but stupidly I removed the phone socket on the wall whilst waiting for the adapter to arrive. 
so now I have No phone. Any idea when the router will be compatible with the phone in my area? 
I’m unsure now what to do next. Can’t get through to anyone frustratingly 

@Mikejones3 wrote:

Yes it does but stupidly I removed the phone socket on the wall whilst waiting for the adapter to arrive. 
so now I have No phone. Any idea when the router will be compatible with the phone in my area? 
I’m unsure now what to do next. Can’t get through to anyone frustratingly 

Until you are actually switched over you'll have to undo what you did either yourself or have VM send someone round to fix (at a cost of £25). 

Or if you'd rather wait; you could strip the wires yourself and twist them to a (also stripped at one end) spare phone cable if you have one. Although this sounds easy it may prove otherwise as the wires on both ends have to match and they're not always the same colour on both cables!

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).