Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Land line

Hi, can I have my landline taken out my contract as I never use not for incoming or outgoing calls so just paying line rental for nothing?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line

@Micky11 wrote:

Hi, can I have my landline taken out my contract as I never use not for incoming or outgoing calls so just paying line rental for nothing?

You can, but you will need to call VM to get this change made as it is not something the forum team can do here.  Depending on the package you have and any associated discounts for having multiple services, you might end up paying more by removing the phone line.  Also if you are within a minimum service period for your services then an early disconnection fee may be charged.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Have you had chance to speak with the team on 150/0345 454 1111 concerning the removal of your landline?

If you not please let me know so we can look to assist with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, 

no I have not spoken to the team, can I get this done without phoning?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky11,

We would advise that if you're in the middle of a contract you will be able to remove the phone line, however this would require early disconnection fees to be paid for this service. If you're in contract at the moment it may be best to wait until this contract expires as removing services may also require you to sign up for a new 12 month contract

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos