cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line problems

BooButton
Joining in

Good afternoon, 

I've got a problem with my landline phone. 

No one can call me & I can't call out. 

When I try to make a call, I don't get a dialing tone, it is just silent with some slight white noise sound. 

Obviously I can't call 150 as phone not working. 

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks 😊

7 REPLIES 7

Koda
Up to speed

You haven't been notified about a move away from the copper phoneline network over to the new digital service at all have you? 

They're gradually shutting this down and rather than plugging in to the socket on the wall you would plug the phone in to the telephone socket on the back of your Virgin Media hub instead. 

The quickest way to get sorted would be to use a mobile phone and call them up on 0345 454 1111. But there is also a messaging service you can use on the website to get talking to technical support too (This will take longer than calling) 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BooButton,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline services recently!

Can you please take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help identify and resolve your issue?

Have you tried to connect a different landline phone in to see if the same issue happens with a different handset?

Can you confirm how you landline is currently connected? Is it connected to a wall socket, or to the broadband Hub?

Please let me know so we can investigate further and see what we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

I got an email telling me I would receive an adapter thing in the post & my landline would be switched on 14th June, 2 months away.

I'm guessing it is to do with this. 

Thanks for the number, I'll give them a call. 

Kim. 

Hi there, Thanks for the reply.

I got an email telling me I would receive an adapter thing in the post & my landline would be switched on 14th June, 2 months away.

I'm guessing it is to do with this. 

I don't have another landline phone that I can try it with I'm afraid. The landline phone is plugged into a socket in the wall where it's been for upteem years. 

Thanks for the help. 

Kim. 

Hi Kim, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am happy to see that you will be getting the adaptor and this will allow the phone to be migrated to the hub. 

Please let us know if this is not received and we will order this for you. 

Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi,

Thanks, if you could order me one that would be fantastic. 

Thanks, Kim. 

Hi Kim, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. As you've already recently received communication saying an adaptor is being sent, we wouldn't need to send another one just yet. If you don't receive the adaptor though then we can look at ordering a replacement. 

In the meantime, the issue with the landline problems will be unrelated to the switchover as you've mentioned it's not due to take place until June. Due to this, I would like to get an engineer booked to come and check things over. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs