Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Land line phone not working

I am unable to make or receive calls on my land line phone. As I only use the landline for incoming calls I wasn't aware of the fault until family and friends told me they couldn't get through for over a week now.

I cannot get any help on the website. The service status option just sends me round in circles. I cannot find anywhere to report a fault or book an engineer. Trying to get through to somebody by phone is an impossible nightmare. I have been on hold for over an hour only to be cut off before getting to speak to anyone. Not once but time after time.

I have looked at my account on the website and for some reason it shows me as not having a phone. I changed my package in Sept. and started a new contract on 18 Oct. but it says new contract is from 9th Nov. and only for broadband.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line phone not working

Hi AdamLeon1, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I can also see that from your services view you do not have landline. 

Can I ask for more information around the conversation that you had when you stayed with us please?

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have been in touch with an agent (although I was actually trying to cancel my contract) and explained the situation.

This agent informs me the previous agent had failed to say a new contract would be starting 30 days from the 10th October and instead, led me to believe my old contract would probably just be amended. The previous agent had also failed to include a landline in the package. I had already signed with Plusnet for a broadband and phone package for £23 per month (and paid £75 for a BT line) but was persuaded to stay with Virgin.

The new agent doesn't know if the agreed price of £24 per month will still stand and I am waiting for him to get back to me.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @AdamLeon1 

Thanks for your reply and your patience with this. I can see that you do have a case owner and they will be back in touch with you soon. 

Please let us know if you need any other help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos