cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line phone is not working properly.

Tpf
Joining in

Following the change over to full fibre for the home phone landline, I have connected the adapter as supplied by Virgin but, I can call out but cannot receive incoming calls. Anyone trying to call gets an engaged tone. 
Has anyone had this problem and or found a solution?

Is it anything to do with this thing?.

Tpf_0-1689866322492.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Tpf,

We're sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced since moving to working via the Hub, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Firstly can you confirm you're using the adapter provided via the handset into the TEL1 port on the back of the hub?

Has any advised what happens when they try to call your landline number? Is there any tone or message?

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Tpf,

We're sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced since moving to working via the Hub, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Firstly can you confirm you're using the adapter provided via the handset into the TEL1 port on the back of the hub?

Has any advised what happens when they try to call your landline number? Is there any tone or message?

Rob

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s a power isolator and has no affect on the telephone connected to the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Apologies for any confusion caused Tpf, as Tudor has advised this isn't the adapter I'm referring to. This attaches to the cable from the base unit and formerly went into a wall socket. Now it would need to go into the TEL1 port on the bac of the Hub.

Rob

Robert. Yes the adapter is in Tel 1 port. 
Any one calling gets 3 beeps and then silence. 
Surprisingly the phone rang this morning (24 July) but I was too slow to get to answer it. I called from my mobile to check and still got the “3 beeps”. 

Thank you for the explanation. 

No worries Tpf,

We can see you've been able to contact us today and have been given an update regarding this 🙂

Alex_Rm

Ok but it’s still not working properly.

Hi Tpf.

Thank you for confirming on this thread.

Please can you try this link and let us know if there are still any faults that maybe causing this issue.

Let us know we want to help. 

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The link tells me that there are no faults on my postcode but the problem still exists. 
I can call out but cannot receive incoming calls.