cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line not working

Coop35
Joining in

My parents land line has not been working since Saturday, they are both in their 80s and a phone is a vital line of communication . Dead line from their end, constantly engaged when we try to phone them . Neither your web page or the phone details provided  are any help as they cannot use their phone to contact you!! Please can someone check their line for them.

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Coop35,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your parents landline isn't working, are you able to try to remove everything from the telephone socket including any extensions and filters then try a different phone?

I will be more than happy to help further and arrange a technician if needed, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Coop35
Joining in

My parents landnine was not working for the whole of last week, eventually got an engineer to come out yesterday. He found the problem (nothing to do with their equipment) something to do with rain getting into the box in the road outside.  It literally worked until last night when it stopped working again, (it did rain??)no calls can be made incoming or outgoing.

We are dealing with a couple in their late eighties here and this is their main form of communication between family and doctors/hospitals etc . some urgent assistance is needed here.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Coop35,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that your parents are experiencing some issues with their landline. We completely understand how urgent it is for some of our customers to have a working landline connection. 

I'll be more than happy to have this looked into for you. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Coop35,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your parent's landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of the appointment via the online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes and if you need any further assistance going forward. We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Coop35
Joining in

The engineers attended my elderly parents address today (third visit) to repair the landline phone previous visits on Saturday and Monday failed to do repair it . 

Today they said they needed to work on the cable outside the house they then left without knocking the door to say what they had done which I presume is nothing because phone still not working and what is more neither is their TV which was perfectly fine before they came.

They could at least have had the decency to knock and say why they were leaving without the repair being done . Now I have 80+ frail parents with no landline no TV and I live in a different town trying to sort this whole mess out and unable to speak to an actual human being from Virgin. Please advise what on earth is going on and why this has taken almost 2 weeks for the engineers to actually make things worse

Hey coop35, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this experience you have revived. 

I would like to look into this personally for me to do this I am going to send you a PM.

Please can you keep an eye out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Coop35
Joining in

Virgin medias complaints system fails on all levels, they have sent an email acknowledging my complaint that a landline phone isnt working even though 3 engineers have been out, part of the email saying they may call so look out for their phone call !!

Next email says they are trying to correct the problems ive complained about as its now phone TV and internet not working. Their email says and i quote "we kindly expect your patience and co-operation"  They can ask for my patience but they cant expect it after dealing with them.This from a company that has left very elderly pensioners without a landline for almost 2 weeks already. There is no one that you can speak to that gives you any faith that your complaints are being dealt with seriously and urgently.