Menu
Kane57
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Land line not transferred

Switched from Sky to Virgin last month, told Virgin the day I signed up that I wanted to keep the same number, they stated they would arrange that, I also spoke to sky to cancel the contract, informed them that I would like to keep my number ! Installation day come and no record from virgin to request to keep the number, sky then terminated the contract and the number became deactivated, I have had this number for over 25 years, I have contacted sky, virgin and BT but no help, I have read on a previous question and seen that Virgin managed to retrieve the number ? Any help much appreciated, 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line not transferred

Hi Kane57, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to forums 🙂
I am so sorry to hear this, it would depend on the time frame when was the number last active?

Zoie

0 Kudos
Kane57
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply 

I requested to keep the number when I signed up with virgin, I cancelled my sky contract for the day that virgin installed 

the engineer put a port request in on the day sky was disconnected that was yeh 17th may, so we are taking less than 3 weeks, I have contacted Virgin 4 time in the 3 weeks, they kept telling me it would be done, however last night said it was impossible to do, feel very let down, I have had that number for 25 yrs, my wife is unwell and hospitals use the home phone to contact us 

regards

kane 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kane57,

I am sorry for the experience you have had this, 3 weeks would be too long for us to get this back, I can see you raised and came to a resolution on a complaint regarding this

Zoie

0 Kudos
Kane57
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoe

the issue was raised on the day of installation, the engineer recorded a port request the same day as it was disconnected by sky ? I did speak to someone last night, they informed me that there is nothing they could do ! I was reading through some previous posts and saw that someone managed to get the number back ! 

kane 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry how long was the number been disconnected for ? 

If it is longer than a week there is nothing we can do 

Zoie

0 Kudos
Kane57
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It was a day installation day way may 17th and that was the day my sky ended so it was less than 12 hrs when the engineer requested to port the number ? 

kane 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is a good idea to only cancel your TV with Sky if you are intending to port your number.

Giving notice to terminate all services, even if you have stated you want to keep your number will, with some providers trigger a "pending disconnection" flag to be put on your line. This will prevent a porting request from completing even if the number still remains active.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kane57
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for the reply, what I have been told is the agent who sold me the service, did not request the number to be ported, if they listen to the call, I tell them on a number of occasions I need to keep the number ! Looks like I have leaned the hard way ! Not very happy customer ! 

regards

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, because the number has been deactivated by SKY we are no longer able to port this over. I do note you have accepted the resolution provided by our team on the back of your complaint which was raised regarding this. 

We do apologise for the poor experience @Kane57 and appreciate it has not been a great start. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos