cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land line changes wi fi-help!

Angelwings1
Tuning in

Hi

Retired and confused woman  here! So, I got the letter saying I need to have a compatible phone when Virgin  switch me over to the  fibre network  next month. My phone is an old (maybe 8 years or more )  cordless Panasonic and it is nowhere near the router/hub or whatever boxes!

Please someone tell me in simple terms what phone do I need to buy to ensure my land line still works in a month's time and will I need to trail  a cable from the hub to the existing socket. 

I also got a letter from Vodaphone about signing up to their superfast broadband that has been laid in the street! Lord help us!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Angelwings1

Apologies for any confusion caused by the recent correspondence received relating to your phone, phone line and the upcoming changes. We appreciate this can be confusing and for you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Most current landline phones will work with the new system, as the change is primarily using your landline via your Hub as opposed to a wall socket, we provide an adapter for the phone to connect into the back of the Hub. As your handset is wireless it may mean moving the base unit closer to the Hub depending on the cable length.

If you have any further questions or are unsure of anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Angelwings1

Apologies for any confusion caused by the recent correspondence received relating to your phone, phone line and the upcoming changes. We appreciate this can be confusing and for you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Most current landline phones will work with the new system, as the change is primarily using your landline via your Hub as opposed to a wall socket, we provide an adapter for the phone to connect into the back of the Hub. As your handset is wireless it may mean moving the base unit closer to the Hub depending on the cable length.

If you have any further questions or are unsure of anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Rob

Thank you....then I shall wait and see if current phone will work. Did not now it was wi fi as such! Although it must communicate with the base somehow! 

The change will include an adapter which attaches to the cable you would usually plug into the wall socket that will now go into the back of the Hub. Depending on how long the cable is you may need to move this closer to the Hub but the handset itself should still be fine. 

The phone will work exactly the same as it did previously just that it will now connect to the back of the Hub as opposed to the wall socket 🙂 It is a lot simpler than it sounds I promise, if you need us then just let us know here Angelwings1

Rob

Thanks again, perfect! xxxx

More than happy to help Angelwings1 🙂

Get in touch here if you need me further.

Rob