Menu
Spenpal
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Land line Busy

Had issues with broadband and tv today, fault in area, now landline says linky busy, old phone anyway so went and paid 139 for a top of the range BT, spend two hours trying different things, did three status checks on virgin media and surprise surprise they say it’s fine, well it isn’t.

Tried and book an engineer online, and guess what, need to call

i am not and refuse to call from my non virgin mobile

i need the landline as a main contact for 2 vulnerable elderly parents at  different addresses covid or not, has to be a better more efficient and less annoying way to contact you with a clear fault with the service

i have checked the connections 

its a brand new phone

all new cables to the wall the rest you fitted 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Kaz1505
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line Busy

Hey Spenpal. 

Have you tried checking the new handset in another known working landlines socket - e.g neighbour/relatives landline.

I know it's a longshot but it's not impossible to buy brand new equipment and that not work. It happened to me with a set of BT hands free phones a few years back after I was replacing a phone that was faulty.

Also just test the master socket with your new phone if you had extensions connected as sometimes this can cause the issue. If they're wireless which I'm assuming they may be then they mostly all work off one socket anyway these days 😁

Worth eliminating the 1st option. Once you 100% know then just sit tight. I'm sure the forum will come to the rescue!

Take care and hope its resolved quickly 👍

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Spenpal,

Welcome back to our Community Forum. Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection issues with your broadband and TV! Have you taken a look on our Service Status page, or called our automated Service Status line on 0800 561 0061?

I was able to locate your account on our system and I can see that there is a Utilisation issue that has been raised in your area. I have raised this issue on your account so we know that you are being impacted. This issue can leave you experiencing some intermittent connection, but you should still have access to use your services.

The current expected end date for this outage is set to be on 25/05/21 at 3pm. Apologies for the inconvenience.

There are no current outages raised on your landline connection. Can you tell us if you have an active dial tone at all? Are you having issues receiving calls, or making them at all?

Please keep us updated so we can look into this issue further for you.

Thanks, 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Spenpal
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just so you all know, I tried everything before posting here, engineer came, he did something at the box down the street and had dial tone back, then, due to a really crackly line sorted the rusty wiring into the house, all perfect, but I question why why why your self check option returns no errors every time, when clearly there was not one but two issues

no point having an app, which you say is checking the line, if it does not do what it says on the tin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to us to advise that your landline is now backup and running after the visit from the engineer.

I have looked into your account and cannot find a reason why the app wouldn't have spotted the issues with your line but I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the team to help improve the services that we provide to our customers via our online diagnostics.

Regards,

Steven_L