Menu
Minty7402
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Land Line unable to use

Hello i am unable to use my land line, Just get a buzzing noise and no dialling tone, i have checked the wall socket which seems to be okay. Please help

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land Line unable to use

Hi Minty7402,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for creating a post regarding your landline issues. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with this service, I can certainly take a look at what's going on for you.

I'm just running some checks in the background of your account. In the meantime, could you let me know whether you've tried dialling any numbers at all? If so, what happens?

Does the landline still ring if you try to call it from another phone? If so, are you able to have a conversation or is it just noisy?

Could you also let me know when this problem started and whether you've been able to test an alternative handset at all?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Minty7402
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael thx for answering my query.   I dont know when the problem started as i have not used the phone for several days, i just rang the number from my mobile and it did not ring, hope this is of some use Thanks

0 Kudos
Minty7402
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS Sorry yes i have tried dialling some numbers but i dont get a dialling tone for the number i am ringing

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Minty7402,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing this information. It sounds like we'll need to get an engineer out to take a look as I haven't been able to identify any reason for this from my end.

I'll send you a private message now to arrange a suitable time and date, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael