cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Line no dial tone

virgel
Joining in

I have no dial tone on my land line. I have checked all internal connections and they are OK. I reported this by mobile phone 2 days ago and was told there was a problem in the area although it was not reported on the web site. I then received a text saying it had been fixed. I re booted the hub but actually I think the connection is just into a socket, not the hub. I cannot find a way of reporting this other than another long phone call which I can do on my mobile but surely you should be able to report this fault on the site and book an engineer?????

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @virgel, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the landline issues. I've looked in the local area, and currently no outages are being flagged.

In the meantime, can you please advise me if you've attempted to try and new handset in the socket for me? 

Can you also confirm if the handset is plugged into the master socket or an extension?

We would advise that you try multiple different handsets in the master socket and ensure no other pieces of equipment are connected to the master sockets when testing the line at home

Please advise me if the above has been completed and if required, we can look into this further for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The landline is one master phone with extensions. The master phone is plugged direct into the incoming socket. I have checked the connections and everything looks OK. I do not have a spare handset to check it 

Thanks for coming back to me @virgel

Is it possible to remove the extensions and see if you can gain a dial tone on the handset for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Tried that. Still no go

Thanks for having a go @virgel

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn