Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Land Line Not Ringing

When someone phones me, the phone is not ringing out. I can make calls without issue. Tried another phone in the socket, but same fault.

I have booked an engineer for tomorrow via 150, but the issue is my mother-in-law is on a lifeline and we are the point of contact. Mobile reception is sketchy in our home.

Is there a number I can ring to talk to a human to see if I can speed up the process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land Line Not Ringing

Hi there @Sgt_Bilko99

Welcome back to our Community, I am sorry to hear about your landline issues. Does your Mother-In-Law live with you?

We would have booked you the earliest slot available on our systems; pleased that we have located you an appointment within the next 24 hours.

However, if someone living in the property is vulnerable or requires the landline for a lifeline connection, then we can register your account for our Priority service. This means that we would attempt where possible to get a technician out within 4 working hours if you are experiencing a total loss of service and unable to make outbound calls. 

I am sorry that we have been able to get anyone sooner at this time

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT thanks for the reply. Mother-in-law does not live with us, but the lifeline team would phone us first if she triggered her alarm before ringing the emergency services. Mobile phone coverage at our address is sketchy so a land line is important.

We are checking 1471 on a regular basis to make no one has called us. Would have been nice to have the option to speak to CS to relay our fears/concerns. Engineer booked for Saturday afternoon, but who do I ring if they don't turn up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @Sgt_Bilko99

Let me know how tomorrow's visit goes and I'll help if needed 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @john_GS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue but cannot get through to anyone so booked an engineer appointment. Was working fine till everything went down Thursday lunchtime then when it all came back, i lost ability to receive incoming calls. 

Posted here, no response. Tried phoning, cant get the line answered. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer sorted problem. This was due to power cuts we had on Thursdays thunder storms causing a fault in the cabinet.

The engineer said he has had at least 5 of these faults since Friday with potentially a few more today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sgt_Bilko99

Thanks for coming back to me and I am glad all sorted 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos