Menu
garyk65
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LANDLINE PHONE

Hi everyone I’ve had Virgin installation completed but for some reason we cannot make or receive calls but we have a dialling tone. I’ve switched off all my phone settings regarding Call Barring etc but still cannot make or receive calls. One cable from phone socket (WALL) to the phone unit simple it should work could it be that there may be something wrong with the Phone Line itself???? HELP ANY IDEAS !!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: LANDLINE PHONE

Hi garyk66, thanks for posting an welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're having issues with your landline telephone service.  Can I ask if your phone is supposed to be plugged into the 'traditional' socket or was your current installation supposed to be 21CV?  Meaning a phone service, where your phone is connected to your hub.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
garyk65
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I wasn’t here when installation was carried out but from what I can see the cable is coming from the box on the wall. Will I be getting someone to come and have a look at it please?

we have dialling tone but cannot receive or make outward calls. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To look into this further garyk65, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen,

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
garyk65
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i have no idea as I was not here when installation took place. But from what I can see there’s a cable coming from the box on the wall. I think there should be a cable going into CV21. I’m not an engineer on telecommunications I just need someone to get here and sort it out as it’s never worked from the day I had Virginmedia installed.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey garyk65,

I just want to check because your message was from Thursday last week. I can see that your phone should be working correctly from our system, is your landline phone back working as normal now?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
garyk65
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No it’s not working still no engineer still

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Thanks
Steven_L

0 Kudos