Menu
Beej557799
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LANDLINE NOT WORKING AGAIN

I had a problem with my landline for days and the day before the engineer was due to come it magically started working again. Today it went down again and your web site service status said an engineer was working on it. It started working again for about an hour but now has gone down again. What on earth is going on in the CM19 area? 

0 Kudos
Beej557799
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: LANDLINE NOT WORKING AGAIN

DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY MONITOR THIS BOARD? NO RESPONSE HERE AND NONE VIA TWITTER EITHER. WHEN YOU CALL YOU WAIT FOR EVER TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN INDIA WHO'S ENGLISH IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Yes they are monitored and are dealt with oldest first, can take a few days for the VM staff too pick up the post.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Beej557799,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and sorry we've not been able to get to you sooner.

Just a heads up, we finish our shifts at 8pm on Monday through to Friday and 6pm at weekends.

Can you please advise me if you have a dial tone on the handset? Have you tried an alternative handset? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Beej557799
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have no dial tone and I have tried it with a back up phone with the same result. This has been going on for 2 weeks now. I cancelled one engineer's visit having not had a landline for 5 days because it began working again the day before he was due. Then it went down again and your website stated that you were aware of the problem. Then it worked again for a short time and went down again soon after. I have now booked another engineer's visit for Tuesday next week so that'll be another 5 days without a landline. I wouldn't be surprised if next Monday the line starts working again, I'll cancel the engineer and it will break down again. It is clear that something is wrong in the CM19 area and it would be nice to know precisely what the problem is.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, this would require a tech visit. 

Have you been able to rearrange an engineer appointment with prior to my response today?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Victortanker
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well nobdy has answered my post I posted two days ago with similar problems

0 Kudos
Beej557799
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As I said in my previous post. Another engineer visit has been booked for next Tuesday, so another 5 days without a Iine.  I will be requesting a refund on my monthly bill.

0 Kudos