Menu
Crocka91
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

LANDLINE NEEDS TRANSFERRING OVER

My parents have recently got a Virgin Media package with a Landline. They need to ensure the previous one transfer over when it is cut of (It's active currently). Engineers told us to go online but my father states on he's account it advises him to speak with the engineers on installation date. How do we go about transferriung our old number across.

Someone please help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: LANDLINE NEEDS TRANSFERRING OVER

I have answered this so many times it's getting untrue. And the advice you have been given so far is drivel. I take it your parents had their landline with another supplier. If they did then they need to contact VM now and ask for the number to be ported across. A port will only work if the previous landline is kept live and open. If the line gets closed before the port is done the number will be lost irretrievably. Phone VM on 150 or 0345 454 1111. Do it quickly. And they have to do it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: LANDLINE NEEDS TRANSFERRING OVER

Hey @Crocka91 and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that your parents are  having issues with their number porting. The advice from @HowardML is 100% correct.

I can look into this further for you from here but would need to confirm your parents details via a private message. Please look out for the message and we can get started looking into this and make the arrangements. if you have already spoken to the team, please ignore my private message.

Regards

Steven_L