Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

LANDLINE DOWN

Hi,

Saturday at 7pm Aug 1st,

My landline is down and I can't get any help at all from Virgin Media.

Tried everything online, service status etc but am sent round in circles, given an 033 number to call which tells me office is closed.

This landline really is my lifeline and I need it working again as fast as possible.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: LANDLINE DOWN

I also have no landline. It is also vital as I live in a basement flat & the mobile signal is iffy at best so if there is an emergency, & no landline, it could be disastrous. Tv was down last night too but that seems ok this morning.  Phoneline is still dead. I've checked the wires etc.

When I ran the test thingy here, they said the results were 'inconclusive' & to call Virgin, but I can't with no landline!!

I tried for further help online & it was asking for my phone's colour zone & to do that, yep, you have to call Virgin! I can't do this...the landline has no dial tone!!!

Does anyone know what's going on?  And what bright spark in the Virgin tech team thought that to get phone issues solved, ringing them should be the only way to do it??   How are we supposed to get help??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi George23570

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the landline issue and I do want to get this resolved for you. I've ran some checks today and assigned a work order to our fault management team who'll fix this asap.

Can you advise me please, is there a dial tone at all?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I have the same issues as George.  Obviously I can't answer for him but for me, no, there is no dial tone. There is nothing, not a sound, not even a phone 'crackle'!

It is not helpful that we're told to call for more assistance, when the issue is that we can't use our phones!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sophie16

Thanks for posting and apologies for the phone line issues. 

I've ran some checks here and can see there is an outage in your area. The status page should be updated asap for you which can be found here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

I went to that page you directed me to - it says 'no known issues' and there is a big green tick. Believe me, no big green tick as far as I'm concerned!!

Why is it saying no known issues but, you're telling me that there are? And, clearly there are issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The page will be being updated as we're aware of the fault and will fix it asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The page still isn't showing as there's a fault. Even though it's updated every few minutes it seems. It is still saying no issues!

Meantime I still have no landline, checked just now, all still 'dead'. Is someone really working on it??

I assume I will be being compensated in my next bill for this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ah, ok, I just checked again & now it IS showing as a fault.  

I've registered for credit if it's not working within 2 days.  But I registered this yesterday when NOTHING was working!  So, I sincerely hope this isn't a tactic on Virgin's part to get out of paying anything due back to us but saying I only registered this today. I didn't.  And to be honest, to only be eligible for any credit after TWO DAYS of things not working is a disgrace. It should be applied after 12 hours, tops!

Is there an email for official complaints?  It's bizarre to have an online presence, yet no email contact details for actual people, especially given Covid & call centres severely impacted (not that I can call anyone right now anyway!). Customers are discouraged from calling due to the crisis, but the online 'chat' is a joke (it seems to be just automated answers), and Virgin won't give an email for customer services as an alternative option!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. We'd be working on fixing the fault asap . Regarding the timescale for compensation to apply, this has been agreed with OFCOM before it got launched. 

For complaints, please see our code of practice here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos