cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LANDLINE DISCONNECTED EARLY

marrasparra
Tuning in

I will keep this brief and to the point.

I cancelled Virgin to move to Sky yesterday, 25th September 2023. With 30 days notice my services with Virgin are to be removed on 25th of October. Got up today, the 26th, to discover that my landline was dead. Without exaggeration I have spent over 6 hours today on numerous phone calls to numerous people in numerous departments. Two separate staff at Virgin confirmed to me that the landline was not faulty but due to a system error the landline has been already terminated. My last call was cut off whilst on hold after over 1 hours 45 minutes. I have also been on, and still connected to, live chat, in queue for the last 2 hours. The last person informed me that "customer relations" dept would be able to reconnect the landline. I have requested for someone  to call me on 2 separate mobile numbers or E-Mail but nothing whatsoever. This whole scenario was started because of the removal of TNT sports during re-contracting. The customer service I have received is beyond a joke! One guy stated that he was sorting the situation and would call me back in 5 to 10 minutes but that was around 5 hours ago now so suppose that will not be happening. My account has all the notes attached confirming the issues and I have a full transcript of all the live chat to date.

9 REPLIES 9

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @marrasparra 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear your landline was disconnected prematurely. We can understand the frustration caused and want to do our best to help. Were you looking to port the number to a new provider? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/keep-my-number I can see you have recently been in contact with our team regarding this issue. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Unfortunately the issue has not been resolved and is the reason for my post. It is now 8 hours and counting with trying to get the problem sorted. The number is not being ported as I have decided to remove the landline since the switch to Sky. I will have a pay as you go with a new number. I even got passed through the FMS team TWICE to perform the same tests and have had to keep repeating myself all day.

In this case, to best look into this case for you, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

marrasparra
Tuning in

I am back on live chat in a queue again if anyone can advise on my issue. I am also waiting on a response from Akua.

marrasparra
Tuning in

Virgin are now saying that although the line was cut off in error by the "system", the "system" cannot reconnect it and an engineer needs to attend. This has been booked, free of charge, for this Friday.

Thank you for the update and sorry for the delay in getting back to you @marrasparra 

Please let us know how the appointment goes and of you need any further help. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

marrasparra
Tuning in

The engineer has been and confirmed what I had told Virgin all along. An engineer cannot rectify the issue because there is not a fault. Virgin have remotely disconnected the line and only they can reconnect it. The engineer, who was very knowledgeable and understanding, has escalated to a team that only the engineers have access to. The latest news is that it should be back on line tomorrow morning, fingers crossed. I will certainly try to avoid Virgin in the future due to the massive amount of hours it has cost me and the totally inadequate customer service that I have encountered and received.

marrasparra
Tuning in

The saga is finally at an end thank goodness. The line was remotely reconnected yesterday evening, a couple of hours after the engineer had made his phone call. If only Virgin customers were allowed to access decent customer service, and the teams available to the engineer, then the whole rigmarole could have been avoided! 

Thank you for the update @marrasparra 

We are glad to see the landline was reconnected and that the landline is up and running again. We apologise on behalf of our team for any inconvenience caused while trying to get this issue resolved with us. We will take your feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant team for quality training and improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team