cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LANDLINE DEAD

Gunfighter
On our wavelength

My landline is dead. I don't know how long it has been off, and I cannot get into the VM website to check service status.

20 REPLIES 20

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Gunfighter thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised about your landline.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you. Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Gunfighter
On our wavelength

OK, I have had the runaround from VM, and can't get any sense

I kee[ meaning to tick the 'e-mail me' box, but forget about it.

@Gunfighter wrote:

I kee[ meaning to tick the 'e-mail me' box, but forget about it.

Can you access this link using postcode and customer surname to check service status?

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/address-identification/identify

Do you have a mobile to try the automated service status number 0800 561 0061?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply - I understand this is frustrating.

I'm just coming back publicly for now, as there is an outage affecting services.

There has been since yesterday at 11:35am. 

The outage is estimated to be fixed tonight at 18:00.

If this is still happening after this time, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Gunfighter
On our wavelength

It now appears that the problem is being caused by VM reorganising something, and we are being penalised because our phone is not connected via our router, using the so-called fibre optic cable. It is not convenient for us to have cables running all around our house just to suit VM, and I am annoyed that we are being treated this way. We had the cables installed about 30 years ago when Ninex first came around. This changed to NTLWorld, then Cable and Wireless, and then on to VM. It is very likely that I shall kick VM out in favour of another provider after their 'engineer' has been tomorrow. What ever happened to 'customer service'?

@Gunfighter wrote:

It now appears that the problem is being caused by VM reorganising something, and we are being penalised because our phone is not connected via our router, using the so-called fibre optic cable. It is not convenient for us to have cables running all around our house just to suit VM, and I am annoyed that we are being treated this way. We had the cables installed about 30 years ago when Ninex first came around. This changed to NTLWorld, then Cable and Wireless, and then on to VM. It is very likely that I shall kick VM out in favour of another provider after their 'engineer' has been tomorrow. What ever happened to 'customer service'?

Unfortunately, you will find the phone-via-router is now the default setup for all providers, should you decide to switch elsewhere.

https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

Hi @Gunfighter thanks for your reply here.

Your phone will only have been switched over to the fibre network, if you have received advance notice of this so this may not be the case for you.

I can see however, you did call us today so did you get the assistance you needed?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Gunfighter
On our wavelength

No!