Menu
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

LAND LINE NOT TRANSFERED 6 MONTHS AGO cannot get Virgin to do anything

Dear Virgin Media - where do i start on this frustrating tale

I have been your loyal customer since 2008 and recently moved house therefore transferred my account with a 350Mb MAXITV and TALKMORE ANYTIME bundle. The new service was installed MArch 26th 2020 with the Broadband and TV working but no phone connection. The engineers came back on a Saturday 28th March but were not able to transfer my number and get the phone line to work. The engineers said it was a software issue at head office and would refer this on.

Ever since the 28th March i have had no contact with a technical person within VM yet they successfully managed to charge me for the service. The major issue for me is that the mobile phone service in my house is poor and thus have to go outside on some occasions to get a signal. 

I have for the last 6 months tried every media communication path that Virgin offer but have not yet been able to get to physically talk to anyone never mind a technical person who could resolve the issue. All the other attempts - text, computer chat etc they send a message that they have referred my problem to the relevant department. Then made a statement that someone would contact me in 24 hours.

I sent letters to customer services and they said they had been attempting to contact me which was not true as the only Virgin person to contact me by phone was their sales team twice so Virgin has my details. I explained to the Sales Person my issue and both times they just put the phone down on me.

Then i was referred to the complaints department again saying some one will contact me. No one did and writing again they advised me to go to arbitration. 

My experience with Virgin Media service has left me frustrated in having communication with the sales, customer service and complaints departments but they have not been able to get the issue resolved as they are only administrators who want to get you off their back. The best way would be for a technician to contract me, or send an engineer to resolve the issue.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get through this impenetrable wall of administrators to get something technical resolved??

Or better still advise how Virgin Media can resolve my phone line number transfer issue. If it is a transfer issue please give me a new number as no one has been able to contact me for the last 6.75 months on the phone line i am paying for.   

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: LAND LINE NOT TRANSFERED 6 MONTHS AGO cannot get Virgin to do anything

Hi paulculpin,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry for the experience you've had since joining us, and for the problems you've been having with your landline service.

Can you please confirm which hub you have, is it the hub 3? Did you also request to keep your existing landline number when you moved home?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, thanks for getting in touch.

The Hub is a 3.0 and the top outlet is i believe a VOIP connection which we have made up to the phone system we used in our previous house.

The request was to transfer our number from our previous house. I suspect this may be the problem.

Paul 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul,

Thanks for coming back and confirming the above.

Have you been in touch with us since your services were installed at the new property, in regards to the number transfer and landline service? If so, what was advised and did the team confirm that the number would be transferred over at a given date?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank Beth,
The engineering contractors who were not Virgin Media employees installed the HUB and Tivo box Wednesday March 25th 2020. The engineers left without getting any connection to broadband, TV and phone and said it would be activated remotely.
The WiFi and TV were remotely activated but not the phone line which has never worked. The engineer and his supervisor came back Saturday 28th with a test phone and they were also not able to get a phone signal. Unfortunately the installation contractors contract was terminated end of March and they said Virgin Media were taking it in house - whether that was the case i did not know. They said they would refer it on but did not give a date or any other information as they were out of contract - a perfect storm.
The rest is history, i have tried to contact Virgin through al medium, text, computer chat sent letters - a large number of correspondence and frustration and annoyance in having to deal with administrators, support and claims departments with no access to the correct people. You are the only person who has shown any personal interest.

Paul
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us paulculpin, and I'm terribly sorry to see you've been experiencing service issue with the landline

Looking into the account it appears that you have a landline service and this is currently active and working in full.

Can you tell me when you last tried to use a handset via the Hub 3?

Can you also confirm if you've been issued with the same area reference number? You're currently under area 31, was this the case at your former property?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

The service engineer could not get the line to work 28th March 2020 and as i have repeated over time i have not been told that the line is active. This is the first i know about it.

Thus as i have requested in numerous letters i suggest an engineer comes with his hand set and confirms what you are saying. This has never been proved to me.

We are using the same hand set that we used in our previous house so i am still identifying this as a no signal coming into the house as i have never had a dial tone.

You say the line is active. If so why do i not have a dial tone??

Thanks Paul
0 Kudos
paulculpin
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to answer your questions

Tried the handset today no dial tone.

We have only moved 1 mile and have the same area 31.

Paul
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Paulculpin,

Thanks for your reply, I can book an engineer to come and look at what is going on for you, keep an eye open for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Glad I could get this booked in for you Paulculpin,

please let us know how the visit goes 

thanks,