Menu
xasadk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keeping the same landline number while already on virgin media?

Hi guys,

In a weird situation right now, my brother is on virgin media and is moving out and at the same time i am moving in. I am also moving to virgin media however my dad says he would like to keep the landline number. I was wondering if this was possible as my brother will be cancelling his contract when he moves out and I will be starting a new fresh one as a new customer. In the fields i did input that I would like to 'keep my number' and then in the field added the current landline number we'd like to keep. Could someone please advise if this is possible or if it means that virgin media will be giving us a new number leading to the old one being lost even though my brother has no plans of transferring that number to his new property?

I hope this question makes sense if not please do let me know. Also please do not say that i should just stay on his bill and just pay it as currently he is on £68 monthly whereas as a new customer I am on £25 and that is a big reason why I chose virgin media else I would have gone elsewhere

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping the same landline number while already on virgin media?

Good Evening

We should be able to port the number over for you. 

I will send you a private message to take some details to help you with this and discuss this further. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
xasadk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wow that was a fast reply, thank you Christy I'll wait for the message!

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI xasadk, thanks for the message and happy to see that this is on the way to getting resolved. Were you able to pass over the relevant details to Christy? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
xasadk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Chris tried to help but couldn't so currently I'm still waiting for someone to pick up my call it's been 22 minutes

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi xasadk, I will send you a private message ^Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi xasadk, thanks for the message and we are glad to hear that this is on the way to getting resolved. Please let us know if you are faced with any issues and we will be able to look into this for you ^Chris

0 Kudos