cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my original phone number

Bekki24
Joining in

After many years, I recently left V.M to join Earth Broadband; who said they would let me keep my original phone number that I have had for 20+ years.  Once set up I was given a new number. When I asked them why - they informed me that V.M would not allow me to keep the original number. Has this happened to anyone else? Is what they said true and if so - why? Is there any means of getting my original number back?

Hope someone can answer this.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Bekki24 wrote:

After many years, I recently left V.M to join Earth Broadband; who said they would let me keep my original phone number that I have had for 20+ years.  Once set up I was given a new number. When I asked them why - they informed me that V.M would not allow me to keep the original number. Has this happened to anyone else? Is what they said true and if so - why? Is there any means of getting my original number back?

Hope someone can answer this.

Was your VM landline active, and with no disconnection request pending on it, when your new provider asked to port it? These are two common reasons why a port fails.

Was the number always a VM number i.e. have you moved it to VM from another provider previously 20 years ago?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bekki24,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your export from Virgin Media. Have Earth Broadband given you any reasons, why we have rejected their order?

If Earth Broadband had sent us an order it would have been validated and if rejected, we would have provided a rejection code that is standard across the industry.

I have been unable to locate you on our system, so haven't been able to look further into this. We will be able to look into your account if need be. 

Is your line still active with Virgin Media?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L