cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my old landline number

shoaib1994
Joining in

Hello Team, 

After going back and fourth with customer service over the phone, I thought I'd give this a go and reach out to you through the community forum. I've tried sorting this on my free days, but I haven't really got anywhere with it due to the advisors telling me different things, so I'm a little confused on what to do. 

Around March of this year, I realised that I was out of a contract and I was paying around £60 a month to use your services, Virgin did not give us a written letter notifying us about our contract, fast forward to may I've renewed this just recently, I was on the phone with one of your advisors and told them I wanted to keep my current number, please don't change it, as we had this for over 40 years, but they did the complete opposite of what I asked for and ended up changing to something random which I was not aware about and had only found out when I call my mobile number. I put in a request to change this and within 2 days I received text saying that you're unable to port your home telephone number as it is disconnected from your current provider? but how can this be possible, when we've been with you for the past 10 years? I don't understand. Can anyone please advise on this? I really do need to get our old landline up and running please. Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shoaib1994,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your number was changed when you upgraded your account, when you upgraded was this on the same account in the same name, did your old account close?

Regards

Paul. 

Hello Paul,

Thank you for a speedy response. the old account was was under my mothers name, she forgot her memorable word, and going through security was a bit of a problem, so we decided to close the whole account down and then created another account under my name. 

Thanks,

Shoaib

Thank you,

As we cannot transfer accounts we would have been unable to transfer the number over however I can certainly have a look into this for you, to do this security will need to be cleared, I will send you an inviter into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi shoaib1994,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, really glad I was able to help and that you now have your number back, if you do need anything else then do not hesitate to reach back out,

Enjoy the rest of your week and make the most of this wonderful weather.

Regards

Paul. 

Good Morning Paul, 

I hope you're well. So last week you managed to get my old landline number back, but for some reason the same issue is happening again and it started yesterday. I tried ringing my landline number ending in 86 and it's not going through. Can you please advise? 

Thanks,

Shoaib

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear about this, shoaib1994. 

I will send you over a private message so I can take a look for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.