Menu
Cigarshaped
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Keeping my old VirginMedia phone number

We had a Virginmedia phone about 20years (NTL World then). The chance to improve our Broadband contract came this summer and I took over the new account from my wife. I chose Quick Start as we already had connection and gear. We dearly want to hang onto our 20 year old phone number, BUT I think there is a time limit to retaining our number?

I collected and fitted the gear OK. Had to set up passwords and Wifi Repeater. Rewired the phone system to plug into Router. This meant I ran out of time to call VM office.

They have given us a new number and I want to know if this can be reverted?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping my old VirginMedia phone number

No, there is no time limit to retaining a number, & changing to a new contract should not mean changing your number. Even if you were changing your address, you would still be able to retain your number unless you moved to another dialling code area.

I have heard of some people being told they cannot take their number onto the new hub hosted telephone service. This is nonsense. There is no reason to issue you a new number when you do this.

The only thing you could have issues with is if you created a new account for yourself, instead of transferring your wife’s account into your name. With the former you are not allowed to transfer the number as it effectively a new account & a different customer. You may have created the new account to get new customer pricing, but there are downsides to doing this.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos