Menu
dobrokid
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Keeping landline number transfering from Virgin to BT

Hi, can anyone please help,I am trying to keep my landline number while changing from Virgin to BT. Virgin told me I had to keep landline account live which I have done, and BT will then ask Virgin for number to be transferred to them. BT now told me account needs to be closed with Virgin and number released, BT will then be able to retrieve number. However, Virgin told me if account closed first then number will be lost forever. Please can anyone advise who is correct, seems silly to have both BT and Virgin phonelines live together and paying for both. Broadband and mobile phones swapped with no problems. Thanks 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping landline number transfering from Virgin to BT

Normally what Virgin is saying is right, somebody else may be able to give some insight however .

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping landline number transfering from Virgin to BT

Hi dobrokid,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are leaving to go to BT, as long as the phone line is still active you will need to speak to BT and ask the to raise a export order to take the number, once they do this it will close the phone services down.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos