cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep landline number - same address - new virgin media account

Mhuss78
Joining in

Hi

I've had a read through some related threads, and i read i need to ring 150 (movers team) to have my existing landline number ported to my new virgin media account on my sons name.

i rang up and spoke to an agent who said she didn't think that was even possible, and forwarded my call to another department that maybe could help, but that was shut (it was just after 8pm friday).

the account will close on sunday 5th Feb 7pm, and my son will sign up online tomorrow for services to start on the 6th (i hope).

Can someone please clarify what i need to do? i don't want to lose my number but i'm having no luck over the phone. When i gave notice to close the existing account i did clarify that i wanted to keep the old number

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Mhuss78, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding the landline and the porting of this.
I cannot make any guarantees but I will advise you on what we may be able to do.
Before we discuss anything - I do need to advise that we can only port in from active accounts, if you account is not active by the 5th then there is no guarantee we can retain the number, you may need to speak with the customer services team to extend your services for another 30 days so we may potentially get this looked in to.

I will send a private message so that we can investigate further.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with us today @Mhuss78 on the Virgin Media forums.

As advised - we cannot make any guarantees for this process due to the circumstances but as requested, we will attempt Tuesday to see what can be done.
If you have any other queries - feel free to reach out and we shall advise.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today on the forums @Mhuss78.

I'm happy to hear the decision you've taking in choosing which landline number to keep.
As always - reach out to us if you ever need anything and we will assist as much as we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team