Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting spoof landline calls claiming to be from Virgin Media engineer!

I'm getting ticked off about A spoof Virgin Media Peron Man/Woman saying that our router is giving faults and i need to install ANYDESK SOFTWARE to find and sort out the faults!!

Obviously a Scam to gain access to your data -something needs to be done to stop vunerable people being misled and giving confidental information away to hackers.

They are using land line numbers in Birmingham 01216493877 being one,

Could Virgin Media Please Flag up this issue urgently to help customers be aware of this evil practice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting spoof landline calls claiming to be from Virgin Media engineer!

A short reply. VM and this Forum are well aware. It is discussed endlessly here and in the press and on TV. The calls can't be stopped.  All of the phone numbers are spoofed. Just put the phone down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting spoof landline calls claiming to be from Virgin Media engineer!

@Toxicwaste19 wrote:

I'm getting ticked off about A spoof Virgin Media Peron Man/Woman saying that our router is giving faults and i need to install ANYDESK SOFTWARE to find and sort out the faults!!

Yes, we are all getting them. Ignore it.

Obviously a Scam to gain access to your data -something needs to be done to stop vunerable people being misled and giving confidental information away to hackers.

They are using land line numbers in Birmingham 01216493877 being one,

No they are not in Birmingham, they are operating out of India using VoIP software that can even call you from your own number. So don’t suggest blocking the numbers as all it will do is block the genuine numbers that have been “cloned” by the scammers.

Could Virgin Media Please Flag up this issue urgently to help customers be aware of this evil practice?

Providers are doing as much as they can, but as landlines become more & more integrated with the internet it will just get even harder to stop them.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks