Menu
macadoo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Just been told my number will not be ported across!!

Virgin installation states after I connect to their network 10 days later my number will be ported. No one contacted me so I spent half an hour to get through to be told number will be ported before 31-12-20 that  was at 4.30 pm 15th Dec 2020. I now have received a text stating porting is not possible as number has been disconnected, I am still using the number as my Vodafone contract is active until 15-12-21! So in essence I can cancel Virgin and then return to Vodafone get my existing number, but Virgin cannot port it over?? Feel hoodwinked 😞

Now just got through on landline to Virgin, whilst writing this and guy said hello and line went dead, for Gods sake! 28 mins on phone.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just been told my number will not be ported across!!

Good afternoon @macadoo 

Thank you for taking the time to post, I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your number ported. 

We can take a look into this for you. 

Ill pop you over a PM so that we can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
sharpypaul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem! I was told my number was being ported over, spoke to Virgin a week before installation as they wanted to check some details about the number but assured me it was fine and will take 10 days from installation. The day of installation came and the engineer checked and they said yes, it was happening and can take 10 days. 3 days later I get a text message saying they can't port it because it's been disconnected!

Virgin had 28 days to get this right and the attitude now is "oh well, it's been disconnected, there's nothing we can do". They told me to speak to Sky to get it reinstated but Sky can't as they've handed it back to BT. If Virgin had done their job properly it would have been okay, especially as they had 28 days to request it!!!

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @sharpypaul 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your number ported over. 

Whilst I can't make any grantees that we will be able to get the number back I would at least like to see what we can do. 

I will drop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
macadoo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I await a swift response Zak. So much on here of stalling tactics.

Hope this is not the start of my journey????

0 Kudos
sharpypaul
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been told that as my number was disconnected there’s nothing they can do. After getting very shirty with them and telling them numerous times to speak to BT Openreach they said they have and BT won’t release the number to them. 

This is a common issue with Virgin as my neighbour moved to Virgin and lost the number she had for 29 years!

If Virgin had told me there were issues within 3 days of my disconnection Sky could have done something. Instead they fob you off by saying everything is fine until you get a text saying nothing can be done. They then tell you to contact your previous supplier to see if it can be reconnected but won’t cover any costs you may incur due to their incompetence. 

Good luck with your number but if it’s been disconnected you’ll be joining a not very exclusive club of peed off people with new numbers they don’t want!

0 Kudos
macadoo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharpy,

Sorry to hear of your issue. Luckily I kept my existing number active and it cancels on the 15th Jan. Thing is, I was told by them it will be ported on the 31st, then 2 days later they go back on their word, what sort of company trades like that? Tried calling, always just on the half hour they answer, then another 15 to 20 mins while they check. Tyhis is for my 89 year old Mother, Gees, what would the situation be like if I wasn't involved!

0 Kudos
Connoleg
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Same happened to me.
I moved across the road, literally 100 yards. Told that the install would include my old number which we had with VM for 10 years. Guess what?, they installed new number and they can't transfer my old number!! Nobody interested, nobody cares!
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @sharpypaul 

Really sorry that we've not been able to retrieve the number over and that the window was missed. I appreciate the frustration this would cause and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
macadoo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holly,

As you are here, maybe by some miracle you could chase up my case as I have had no reply from Forum team for 4 days.

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos