Menu
scotslass44
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just been called from "Virgin Media" been told cutting my internet off because I refused to mess with ro

Just received a call from "Virgin Media" because I refused to mess with router they said they will be disconnecting my services! Firstly never asked for account holder, RED FLAG right away! Just received ANOTHER call they hung up on me this time😂. Has there been a breach off security somewhere am sick off this! Now getting to stage off not answering house phone!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just been called from "Virgin Media" been told cutting my internet off because I refused to

There has been no breach of security. This is a scam and VM would never call you like this. The scammers know the blocks of numbers assigned to each of the UK telcos (publicly available information) so just auto dial them and hope for a hit. It's a generalised plague made worse by the pandemic and people are are at home and answering the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

scotslass44
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just been called from "Virgin Media" been told cutting my internet off because I refused to

Thanks for quick reply. I told him just to disconnect me, he wasn't too pleased.

0 Kudos