forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Vgaine
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with calls to France

since January I have had issues when trying to call French landlines or mobile numbers. Most of the time I can hear the person but they can’t hear me. Mobile calls are not connecting at all. I know this issue has been raised many times before, but I have understood that I need to raise it again in order for it to be looked at. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with calls to France

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you Vgaine!

Sorry to hear you're struggling to call French mobiles and landlines from your home phone.

Can you tell me if you've been able to try an alternative handset? Do you have issues calling any other countries, or with UK registered phone numbers?

In regards to this previously being reported, do you have any reference to this for me to look into?

I'm not personally aware of this being a common issue, so any reference to that would be helpful to myself and indeed the thread

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Vgaine
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I really have 2 separate issues; I have tried with another handset and indeed managed to call french landlines successfully, but I cannot understand wh  are g is wrong with the other handsets.

On the other hand I am unable to get through to a French mobile number (Orange). 
i have had no issues with Uk calls.

This issue has been raised before, as I found out when searching.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Problem-calling-France-from-landline/td-p/4549023

thank you 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

Just to help me understand further;

Handset A - you're not being heard on landlines but can connect. Mobiles don't connect at all

Handset B - you are being heard on landlines, but you still can't connect on mobiles

Is that correct? Do you know of any call call barring feature you may have on the landline?

Can you also advise me if you've called multiple landlines and mobiles in France, or is it one particular phone number?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos