Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issue with one landline number, is this a porting issue?

My friend left Virgin 2 months ago, we are unable to contact her on the landline - the call goes directly to Virgins answering service. This is the only outside number that does it.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with one landline number, is this a porting issue?

Hi,

Can they call out from the landline and is it the same number that you are calling? you said they left Virgin? have the checked with there new provider that the number has been ported correctly?

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds like her Virgin number has not ported across for some reason, this could be due to not being requested properly or any number of other reasons. Either way your friend needs to speak to her new provider in the first instance.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Further details.: Her number is the same. Can be contacted by other mobiles and landlines, and she can be contacted by others except us.. Changed from Virgin to BT.. I believe a BT tech has been out (don't what happened yet.) but nothing has changed in the situation.

0 Kudos