Menu
Nialatahir
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Issue with Bang & Olufsen phone with Virgin Connection

Hi there

I am having some trouble with my home phone and my new virgin media connection. 

I was previously on BT and my phones were working fine. I moved over to Virgin and since the landline is connected to the hub, my home phone isn't working. It works fine with another device.

I am using Beoline 2 as my telephone. I have read around on online forums and believe it should be compatible with the VOIP system Virgin uses (I hope I have got the terminology correct!). It isn't an analogue phone.

Happy to give some more information and appreciate any advice! Really keen to get the telephones working!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with Bang & Olufsen phone with Virgin Connection

You might need to elaborate a bit more on how it is 'not working'. In what way is it not working?

0 Kudos
Nialatahir
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is not dial tone and I cannot receive incoming or make outgoing calls

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nialatahir, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection, can you try an alternate handset as this will rule out if it is a phone issue or our connection - Chris

0 Kudos
Nialatahir
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris - my other handset works fine

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The B&O phone doesn't seem to have a whole load of technical info available about it online. Only useful information seems to be to make sure you are plugged into L1/L2 socket on the base for a single line and that the handset is correctly paired with the base.

When you are connecting the B&O base to the VM hub, are you using a lead from the B&O base which has a normal BT plug on the end of it which you are then plugging into the VM-supplied adapter (BT socket to RJ11 plug)?

Or are you trying to connect the B&O base with a RJ11 lead/plug straight into the back of the hub without the VM-supplied adapter?

If you do have a working line but using a different phone, then you would probably do best to contact B&O support direct esp. since the device seems to be quite old and not that well documented online.

0 Kudos
Nialatahir
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks goslow!

I have been connected the base with the VM-supplied adapter into the back of the hub

Is this correct?

Thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The best option you can try is to use the same lead arrangement you used to use to connect the B&O base into your previous BT service when you said it last worked. That looks like it would be a RJ11 plug into the B&O base and from the other end of that lead put the BT plug into the VM adapter which should connect into TEL1 on the VM hub. Sounds like this is what you have been doing already.

The B&O Beoline-2 manual seems to be here

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041404252-Beoline-2

with some basic steps on setup and what the base lights mean during setup. Check that the base lights show your handset is actually paired correctly with the base.

After that, I'm afraid I would be out of ideas other than to speak to B&O support, who do seem to have plenty of options to raise a query.

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042167451-contact?_ga=2.91336473.246763326.161...

0 Kudos