cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the telephone changeover still going ahead?

keith_fuller
On our wavelength

We’ve been notified that our telephone connection is changing on 11th January, have replied positively to both text messages but haven’t received any adaptor or contact yet. Is it going ahead?

thanks, Keith

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi keith_fuller,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
All communications providers have been told to put an immediate pause on any telephone migrations to the fibre network, unfortunately, we dont have any further information at this time. Your migration will not be going ahead on 11th January, we will be in touch to advise of a new date, when the migrations are back on track.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The migration is going ahead except in the cases of forced migrations where there is any risk that a customer's telecare service will not continue to work.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Steven, thank you very much for your swift reply. That’s much as I expected but thought there might/should  have been some notification from VM to that effect. As far as I can tell there’s no general announcement about this anywhere that I can find.

Interestingly the other reply I’ve had to my question has said the migration is still going ahead.

Regards

keith

Hi Keith, 

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for any confusion caused by the comment from another Community User. As it stands, with immediate effect, there is a pause on all Digital Voice Switchover (DVSOT) migrations until further notice. This means that we will not be conducting any migration-related activities unless instructed otherwise. This announcement has also impacted other telecommunications providers and doesn’t just affect Virgin Media O2. 

The only exception for migrations is in cases where customers are experiencing a no-dial-tone fault; in these instances we are permitted to proceed with the migration for fault-related cases.

As yours is a scheduled migration, this has been placed on hold for now. You should continue to connect the landline via the wall socket. When we're able to migrate you, we will be in touch to notify you and provide further instructions. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs