Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is my virgin box a Mirage?

Im moving into a property that has been empty some time, I dont know who the previous occupant was, it was tenanted. The owner died and I bought at Auction from the Executors. It has on the inside, 1 x Virgin TV Socket and cable, 1 x Virgin Internet socket and 1 x BT phone socket (which BT say was `probably` been taken over by Virgin). Virgin deny there are ANY services to my street let alone my property and I need to get Broadband on ASAP I cant wait 10 days for an engineer from BT or elsewhere, anyone else come across this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is my virgin box a Mirage?

Virgin have nothing to do with BT infrastructure.

The BT line will still be live. It could be detached from the master socket but thats BT's problem.

TBH thats your best bet for getting Internet up and running ASAP

Fighting with VM that services ARE live at your property when they think they are not is going to be a long process.

What about 4G?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

4G is certainly an option! The BT engineer was obviously making it up then..... very frustrating as Openreach wont tell me who the provider is also! Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not a recommendation but to to give you some idea of pricing...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband#sort=content.sorting.featured&page=1

If you are looking at that sort of thing, make sure you are on a 30 day rolling contract. That way you can fight with VM/BT at your leisure. Vodafone are doing some cracking OTA broadband deals as well.

If you want me to escalate the VM end of this  for you, PM me your postcode and house number, but again, it will likely be a slow process (not a dig at VM, just managing expectations)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Universalmoses

Thanks so much for joining our Community and posting to our forums, we are sorry that you have been having some issues getting some help in regard to your new home. 

We have located and checked your postcode and area and unfortunately we are no longer supplying services to this postcode; this is due to not enough capacity for any further connections. 

I am sorry but at this stage, we would not be able to service your home. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That explains it! Thanks Katie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries @Universalmoses - sorry that we could not provide a more positive answer at this time. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos