cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Home phone switchover to hub compulsory?

tn9ae
Joining in

Hi,

I currently use my home phone fairly infrequently, but just wondering if its compulsory to switch my home phone into the hub? The wording from the email/text messages stipulates that I 'must' do this 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Even if you don't use the VM landline (and have no intention of using it in the future) it is probably worth completing the switchover process and checking the landline you are paying for is in full working order post-switchover.

There are regular topics on the forum regarding 'phantom call' charges where the customer is billed for calls they have not made. In a good many of these the customer never uses/checks the line or the line has not been in working order for a long time.

Under these circumstances, it is easy for an unrecognised fault to persist and run up phantom call charges. Trying to unravel these charges with VM is often not straightforward.

For the same reasons, it is often worth checking an unused landline periodically to make sure it is in working order.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tn9ae,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Everyone will be moved over to the digital line eventually,  you can read more on this here

Alex_Rm

tn9ae
Joining in

Hi,

Sadly still doesn't answer my question from that link.

If I currently don't use my home phone in my current contract - Is it compulsory to plug in the phone adapter to my home phone? 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Even if you don't use the VM landline (and have no intention of using it in the future) it is probably worth completing the switchover process and checking the landline you are paying for is in full working order post-switchover.

There are regular topics on the forum regarding 'phantom call' charges where the customer is billed for calls they have not made. In a good many of these the customer never uses/checks the line or the line has not been in working order for a long time.

Under these circumstances, it is easy for an unrecognised fault to persist and run up phantom call charges. Trying to unravel these charges with VM is often not straightforward.

For the same reasons, it is often worth checking an unused landline periodically to make sure it is in working order.

tn9ae
Joining in

Thank you for confirming - I feel like this answer should be added into the FAQ section in that link that Alex_RM posted.