Menu
alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent dial tone / service unavailable

Hi,

I'm fairly certain there is not an issue with the physical device or my cabling.

Since about Sunday (and some days last week) with some small gaps of service in between, there has been no dial-tone on my home phone and I have been unable to make or recieve calls.

Incidentally, my phone has logged a number of unusual calls over the past few days, which correlate with the line being unavailable.

Is it possible to check the status of the line and/or whether this may be a refusal to hang up from a third-party caller?I have only one phone connected to line, yellow zone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent dial tone / service unavailable

Hi @alestescarrow,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you appear to have some intermittent issues with your landline service recently. Have you checked our Service Status page to ensure there are no known area impacting faults there that could be causing this problem for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nothing of note on there - all looks green

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @alestescarrow,

Thank you for checking and for the prompt response too, it's really appreciated.

Do you have any other sockets in the home you can test the phone in, or another phone you can test to see if that's the problem? It can just help us to narrow down if it's an equipment problem causing the fault for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alestescarrow
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem!

I don't have any other sockets, and I don't have any other landline phones - I can check the test socket on the master socket if necessary?

As I said, it has brief windows where it works and I'm able to make/recieve calls. When I pick up the receiver, I can hear a wave/buzzing noise which is not usually present.

I'm not fully sure if there's a fault on the line or if it is related to unusual call activity. I don't rely on the landline, but I've never had an issue in the past. I don't have a spare but I'm fairly sure there's no issue with the phone device itself.

Thanks

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Alestescarrow,

Thanks for your reply, 

I can book a technician for you to come and take a look at the line?
I will drop you a message and we can go from there 🙂

Zoie

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for messaging with me Aletscarrow,

Glad we can get a tech booked to come and look at this for you, if you want to change or view your appointment you can do so here Help>Orders and Appointments 

Zoie

0 Kudos