Menu
Sullywine
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Insult to Injury

Having been a customer for 25 years with this company and the previous owners, I complained nearly a month ago about not being able to easily switch my old Tivio box, which Ive had for over 12 years, for a more upgraded one so that it would except Netflix and Prime TV. Today!!!!! out of the blue, I get a phone call from a member of the so called Virgin Team who wanted to discuss this problem; well better late than never but sadly not and I repeat not what I expected.

They telephoned me personally but needed an immediate response to verify my password before they would discuss any part of my problem. They initially asked for the 2nd letter of my password which was in my head but at 80 years of age when he asked me for the 6th I gave him the whole password and asked politely if he could sort it from that. Regretfully he informed me he could not accept this.

I reminded him that he called me out of the blue, in fact nearly a month since I complained, but still I was expected to remember everything he was requesting immediately. Rightly or wrongly I told him, not only to bugger off but, I did not have in my head an immediate recollection to what he was asking but I was 80 and not a wiz kid like he seemed to think everybody should be.

Giving the whole password with a normal company would have been suffice but it seems this company employs idiots who only cater for the under thirties. In my honest opinion, more training is obviously needed or get rid of this so called woke people and employ somebody who has some form of common sense, intelligence or understanding of a older generation they get their funds from. Michael  

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Insult to Injury

Hi @Sullywine,

Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear of your experience that you're having with your TiVo box and that you're looking to get this replaced. Would you mind confirming what problems you're having with the box at the moment, please?

In regards to a member of the team calling you, they would need to go through security with you in order to discuss and/or make any adjustments to the account. This would need to be done with every customer when contacted. The reason we ask for specific characters of the password and not the full phrase is that it's far more secure, and the characters requested would be random each time. If you're the account holder and you don't know these then other security checks can be carried out instead.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sullywine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi: Thank you for your post: The only problem I have is after all these 25-30 years of paying for my box I find it is way out of date. Ive tried to use it for Prime TV and Netflix but a bulletin comes up and informs me the box is unsuitable for these apps and needs to be updated. Sadly that seems a very costly exercise having inquired especially just to be able to get the full potential of usage from the box I have so I opted for an Amazon Stick. This cost me nothing as my son had it spare and pays for the service which Ive now been added to. This he was able to do as his subscription cover up to four people. With regards the password, your member of staff who contacted me gave me no option other than the letters. As Said, I remembered the 1st but could not work out the 6th on the spur of the moment so, I gave him the whole password. Sadly this was not acceptable but to reiterate, I was given no other option. In my stupidity, I thought my loyalty over all these years was worth something but apparently only for new customers, nothing for us old folk. Michael 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly appreciate why not being able to use all of the services on your Tivo box would cause frustration - I can confirm that Netflix can still be used from Tivo boxes, so if you have been receiving an error message when trying to access the app, this would be down to a fault. 

Amazon Prime on the other hand can not be used from our Tivo box. Our TiVo boxes are excellent, but due to the speed that technology grows around us, our TiVo boxes are unable to have the Amazon Prime downloaded to its hardware - we are sorry.

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos